Friday, November 8, 2013

Family Celebrations


I celebrate the basic holidays with my family like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthdays and weddings. There are several different kinds of celebrations around the world.  To name a few, there is Hanukkah, Chinese New Year, Diwali, Ramadan and St. Patrick's Day.  In Canada Christmas is a big deal.  Some families don't celebrate Christmas the traditional way with exchanging gifts but they still get together with family and friends to enjoy their company and food.  As my family grew our gift exchange routine changed a bit but the menu my mother prepares for all of us remains the same each year.  This is our way of being connected and sharing a happy time. 
I also enjoyed getting together with my family to celebrate my sisters’ weddings, the birth of their kids and everyone's birthdays.  We spend all the traditional holidays together as a family.  We also spend some unique times together celebrating.
It was Halloween last week and it was also one of my niece’s birthdays on the same day so we got together for supper to celebrate and then the kids got ready to go out with their costumes on for trick or treating.
I love to get together with my family and have these special times with them. Some families don't have any members of their family around or they live far way so they spend the holidays alone. It is very sad to see when someone doesn't have any family around to share and celebrate. Everyone needs to have love and support.  I am so lucky to have a wonderful and loving family to spend time celebrating life with no matter what day it is.  Having a special event just makes it lots of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment