Monday, June 3, 2024

My next adventure

The thought of having a disability is so hard on my heart! I have been wondering what I should do for my next adventure. I am thinking of another swim race. I found this interesting race on line: the Midmar Mile in South Africa, the world largest open water swimming event. Every year up to 14,000 swimmers descend on Midmar dam to swim 1 mile from shore to shore. Tomorrow I am going back to swimming for the first time in over a month. I had to overcome the minor hurdle of a broken hand first! Every time I am in the water I feel so free and it feels like I don’t have any disability for that time being. I am very grateful I am able to get out of my wheelchair to swim. Every time I am in the water I feel free like a dolphin. I no longer feel any pain and all my worries wash away. If I decide to do this swim I want to do it on my 45th birthday. It would be a big goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment