Sunday, August 13, 2023

My Next Adventure!!

 I’m wondering to myself what is the next chapter in my life that I want to take on.  Not sure what I want to do but I want to challenge myself. My roommate said you could swim Vernon to Kelowna. My trainer asked what is my next challenge. She suggested to go to another swimming competition. It is another one in Kelowna that is in August every year. You have to swim 7km. To be honest I love being in the water because I can be free from knowing that I have a disability and think about whatever I want. I can be by myself with my thoughts.


Sometimes I am really wondering how my family and friends think about me and what I want to do with my life. I know sometimes I can give my mom a heartache but when  I put my mind on something I don’t give up. I believe that this is my life not anybody else’s, so I should be able to live it the way I want it to.


Five years ago I was on holiday with my family and the last night we were camping and then their was two guys who had disabilities. They were from Australia and they travelled in a van and were going all over the world and they do it for a living. Thinking back 7 years ago, when I had my mini stroke, I was in so much pain that I couldn’t believe that I had seen them and now I think about them right now that I’m writing another blog post. 


I would love to hop in a car and get out of here all by myself and don’t think about anybody or anything. I would like to travel around with my family and my friend. However, I think it would be more fun to go travelling around the world on my own. Going to places that I want to go to and see if I can get around on my own and meet people and see if I can get some help from them. Would they help or they would look at me and say WHAT THE FUCK. 


Sometimes I think about doing something like that and seeing how people react to me. I think people here have a good sense of taking time to talk to someone like me. I know people don’t understand me and I sound like someone who is drunk. Most of the time my family and friends don’t know what I’m talking about.


Anyway, I am working on a story about five people with disabilities and their lives after high school. I am trying to give to the world a glimpse of what living with a disability looks like. The story is called “How do you know right for wrong?”, as the characters go through traumatic experiences that changed their lives. Life is the balance between good and bad and it is similar for all humans. However, it can be harder on people with disabilities, especially if they don’t have the right support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment