Thursday, April 20, 2017

Talking To People

Talking to people is hard for me. My speech is a pain because you can't understand me when I speak. Sometimes my family and friends can't understand me never mind strangers. I have to say things over and over again or try explaining things a new way to help others navigate what I'm saying. It's ok because I'm used to it, this always been my "normal"..... But sometimes I wish I could talk like other people do and have a conversation without struggling my way through it. 

As I was reflecting on my communication struggles I came up with an idea; I want to make an app for people who can't talk like me. It will have a lot of pre-made common sentences that you can press and let the app speak for you. I want to go downtown and open up conversations with strangers and see if they talk to me or walk away. 

I will do it all over the summer. Hooray for a new project to keep me busy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment