Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another FUN day with Access

This is my pet peeve for the day:

What do you do if you have to line on someone to pick you up? Every week I go out three times: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and I need nine trips with Access for that. On Wednesday I go to the gym to work out, and than I go to the mall to work on my writing. Last night I phoned Access to see what time is for my ride for the next day. It said that I have three trips for today: the first one between 8:10 - 8:30 am to pick me from my house, the second one to pick me from the gym at 10:30-10:50 am and than the last one to pick me up from the mall between 2:05 to 2:25pm. 

So last night was fine, but in the morning I gut up and get ready and I went down stairs because I live in an apartment and I always go down five minutes before my window starts. I went down around 8:05 am. At 8:30 a phoned to double check my pick-up for today.They told me that I have two rides today so I went back upstairs to tell my roommate what happened.  She called to talk to someone on my behalf and they said that i was canceled . My roommate told them that she called last night and it was ok and she asked if they can get me another buss for this morning.  They  said to hold on and they will find another buss. They came back after a couple of minutes later and ask if I can go in a cab. I was a little upset because I used Access for 18 years and I couldn't understand why they couldn't send a bus instead of a cab for me. They are supposed to know that I can't take my power wheelchair with me in the cab. So I messaged my facilitator to tell her what happened and explain that I will be late. I also mentioned that I'll be comming in my manual wheelchair. She helped push me around and I'm so grateful for her help. It's ok but I love my other wheelchair more because I can go whatever I want and I don't have to rely on people. 


I really hope that other people don't have the same experience as me.




No comments:

Post a Comment