Monday, December 20, 2010

It's Christmas time!

It's the time to be around family and friends. I always love getting together with my family but some parts make it extra special. Our stockings are filled with lots of little gifts. A few years ago my mom sewed us all new stockings with our names on the toes. Every year we receive a new set of pyjamas in our stockings. We've done it since I was little and it's one of my favourite things about the holiday because I love pyjamas!

When we were young, my two sisters and I went to our friends' house and they had this salad out on the table. We didn't know what it was and had to ask our friend, “It's apple salad”. It was delicious! It was chopped up apples and whipped cream. We got home and my sister kept telling mom how she should make apple salad. My mom does make apple salad but she only makes it Christmas, making it my favourite Christmas dish.

There used to only be five of us: my parents, two sisters, and me. Over the last seven years it's gotten bigger. We have more family and that's what I love most about Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment