Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter sucks!

 I wish I lived in California and didn't have to worry about the weather. It's hard to get around when there's snow on the sidewalks. Some parts of winter are nice: the snow on the trees, Christmas time, twinkling light decorations. That's all. It's cold! And hard to get around in my wheelchair!

The roads are bad are snowy and icy so the bus is always running behind and I arrive late. The snow gives me a headache. If I need to go outside, I have to look ahead to my route and plan around snow drifts and unplowed sidewalks. Sometimes I have to turn around and take another route. It's easier when you're walking. You can go faster, you can take any city transit bus, you can step on and over piles of snow. At every crosswalk, there's a pile of snow from clearing the roads. If it's too high or too sudden, I can't make it over in my wheelchair. I have to turn around and find another way. It might mean I have to go on the street instead of the sidewalk and I don't like it. I don't want to be hit by a car. I wish that it snowed on Christmas eve and disappeared on Boxing Day.

When it's cold I need all those extra things to stay warm. I don't like wearing hats, mittens, toque, everything! It helps for when I'm outside but then I'm inside and stuck with all these extra layers.

When I was a little girl, I always played in the show. I would go sledding with my friends and family, it was fun. Now it's fun to watch my nieces enjoying the same things I did in winter. Enjoy the cold weather and I hope everybody has a good winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment